Did you all guess that this was my project over on One Month to Win It this last week? Sadie's hair is a bit recognizable I guess. lol!
Wish me more luck for this next week-the competition dropped down to 6-and 3 will be voted off next week-yikes! I still need to get some pics of my project too, and it's cloudy and rainy here. Grrr. oh well!
I loved the Green theme this week! It's one of my favorite colors-so I picked out a cute green damask to be my starting point for my "Lucky" dress! A matching solid helped balance the pattern. It's a simple A-line dress with some tweaks and fun additions.
I made this easy felt bow to coordinate with the dress-it has some hand stitching around the edge.
My favorite part of the Lucky dress is the pleated scoop detail in the front. It features a really cool technique for some pleats that look amazing! Bias tape was a big part of this dress too, I added it to the flutter sleeves, hem, around the scoop detail, and added a bow on top for good measure. :)
The back closes with a series of fabric covered buttons-and the hem features a faux underskirt layer edged with bias tape as well. The dress is also fully lined with some bleached muslin.
The perfect little green dress for my "Lucky" little girl! (who does have a little Irish in her!)
Some outtakes from our shoot:
Not sure what she's "taking" a picture of here...note the pursed lips...she's busy sucking the sugar out of her Pez candy. lol.
What a little silly goose. I was glad that I had to crop her face out for these pics cause she had a nasty bruise on her forehead from when she tripped over Charlotte's car seat. Those things are vicious, you gotta watch out!
Also, I guess I had the luck of the Irish with me this week-my dress was the lucky winner! wow! Thanks to all who voted for it. :o)
As a thank you; this dress will be the sew along for March!