I've been working on this little wire frame for the nursery off and on for like a month-it turned into one of those projects, ya know? Every little step turned into an ordeal...ok maybe not that bad, and maybe it really was my pregnant back aches from leaning over to paint it...haha! Either way it turned out just how I imagined so all's well that ends well. Hey-you can see the scalloped garland I made overhead!
My dad helped me make the frames from some 1x3" wood (two frames of the same size-I stacked them) and then I painted and distressed them with the help off good ol Vaseline. (Tip found here.) Then I painted and cut the chicken wire (found at my local hardware store by the foot) to fit, and stapled it to the front of one of the frames. Then Rory helped me (ok he did all of this part) screw the frames together from the back. I attached some metal hangers on the back and hung it up! Which was really the hard part, right? I think the total for this project was about $40 (including the earring clips)
I did a little teaser photo on Instagram of these vintage clip on earrings I snagged off of Etsy-asking what people thought I would do with them...so here's the answer! I used them to clip up photos and cards, etc! (sidenote: look how little Sadie was when Charlotte was born! awww)
I thought it was quite astonishing that my poor little pregnant brain thought to do that.
Thanks to my pal Kristin for this awesome card! The colors were perfect and I love the big YEAH! hehe
I also made some fun printables to match the nursery scheme-and I was going to have them for you to download but I cannot, for the life of me, find where I stashed them on my computer. I'm afraid I might have deleted them. Grr...I'm going to go with the pregnancy brain excuse again. ;)
Update: I found them! Hooray! Download them here.