I decided to tackle this little dress yesterday, with no help from my sister or mom. (I hate patterns and always need their help) I do ok with easy straight lines, so this dress was challenging, but not too difficult! I had the material all picked out, so I just went for it. It only took an hour and a half or so, the hardest part was getting the gathers to line up with the bodice. But, it's done! phew. Here is where I got the tutorial....and here's a quick pic.
Also I made some cute ribbon clips. These are prototypes, and need some work, (mostly I need practice with the glue gun) but here's the basic idea!