I love all these sweet little handwritten labels, but they had to go. Sorry, little old lady who used them for her picture hangers and earring backs and other things I couldn’t read. Don’t worry, it’s still loved. It’s just now loved…..but in a kicky mint color!
So I gave all the containers a good soak and scrub with soap and some goo gone to remove the labels. (after I shook out a few loose buttons rolling around in there…and of course kept them) Then a few coats of mint spray paint to cover up the slightly rusted ugly blue color (spray paint I used is Valspar Mirage), then cut out some simple curvy labels out of white vinyl on my Silhouette and used a gold sharpie to label them.
Sadie and I had a grand old time organizing them by color! Ok, I got sick of sorting about halfway through and Sadie finished it. She’s slightly OCD at heart, that one.
I love how it turned out-these kinds of easy projects make me so happy-they’re easy and quick but can make a big impact. Or in this case, they can house a bunch of buttons very nicely. And also spur a craft room re-organization spree! I’ve been up to my eyeballs in cleaning, purging, and working on some new projects to make my craft room more efficient and easier to work in. It’s been a big mess for awhile, and I’ve had enough! So look for some more posts soon with some organizational ideas and projects. I can’t wait!