I just love how the ruffled crib skirt came out for the new nursery! It took some time, of course...all that ruffling doesn't happen instantly...(unfortunately)...but I just watched some Netflix and it wasn't too painful. I used about 3 yards of fabric for the ruffles. (from the Mod Basics organic line from my sponsor Fabricworm!) I basically followed these directions, altering them a little.
My deck was 29"x53", and the long panel was 53"x12.5", short panel was 29"x12.5".
The strips I cut for the ruffles were 6"x114" for the long side, and 6"x76" for the short sides, each ruffle overlapped the one below it by 1.5".
Wow that was a lot of boring numbers but I wanted to jot them down for my sake as well as for anyone who was wondering about the boring numbers involved in this project. ;)
I've got a few more projects up my sleeve and then the nursery will be done! I can't wait to show you it all together. :)
To do still:
build photo display thingy (you'll see...it's gonna be so cute!)
have baby (haha! still 3 months away but I can't wait!)