So, Rory doesn’t really text. Ever. If I text him I get no response or maybe a one word answer. I know what you’re thinking…what the heck does texting have to do with chocolate peanut butter brownies? Well let me tell you.
I got a text from Rory with a link to this recipe. Nothing else.
I’ma like “you want me to make these?” and hesa like “well, duh….please?” (I added the please)
So I made ‘em…because you really don’t have to twist my arm much to get me to bake anything.
dumb story I know. But yummy brownies, so…..
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
adapted slightly from Yahoo
Yields: 24 brownies
Total Time: 50 min
Cook Time: 25 min
- 2 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 3/4 cup(s) packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup(s) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup(s) (1 stick) margarine or butter, slightly softened
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 3/4 of a 12 oz package of milk chocolate chips, melted
-other 1/4 of the above package of chips, unmelted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat brown sugar, peanut butter, and margarine or butter until smooth. Reduce speed to low. Beat in eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth. Beat in flour mixture just until combined (dough will be stiff).
3. Place one-third of dough (about 1 3/4 cups) in another large bowl. Stir in melted chocolate until blended; fold in 3/4 cup semisweet-chocolate pieces.
4. Pat half of remaining peanut-butter dough into ungreased 13″ by 9″ baking pan. In random pattern, drop chocolate dough and remaining peanut-butter dough on top of peanut-butter layer; pat down with hand. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate pieces and press down slightly.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack.