First I created a simple bodice pattern by tracing a tee folded in half.
Then I drew a line across right above the bottom of the armhole.
Make sure to add notes to add seam allowance to the top of the shirt panel and the bottom of the bodice. Add 2″ to the fold of the panel.
Cut the pieces apart and draw out a sleeve pattern like so.
Cut out one back bodice piece on the fold, and one of the front bodice pieces on the fold, then cut in half on the fold. Cut out two sleeves on the fold, and 2 shirt panels on the fold, make sure to add seam allowances.
Then I cut and made a piece of bias tape for the neckline, and two pieces of fabric 2.5″x the width of the front bodice. I ironed in the edges of those pieces 1/4″, then in half (just like in this tutorial)
Then I sewed on the button tabs to the edges of the front bodice piece.
Then I laid out my buttons and made buttonholes on one button tab.
Then baste the bottom together, overlapping the tabs.
Then sew on the bias tape around the collar using this tutorial.
Then gather the tops of the shirt panels and sew them to the bottom of the bodice pieces.
Top stitch across the front of the bodice seam you just made on the right side.
Then trim around the armholes if needed.
Next for the sleeves, I folded the bottom up about n inch and ironed it. Repeat for other sleeve.
Gather the top of the sleeve to fit the armhole.
Pin it in right sides together, sew, and finish the seams.
Then I decided my shirt wasn’t long enough, and cut two pieces of fabric on the bias, 2 inches wide, and the length of the bottom of the shirt panel, plus a little for seam allowance.
I sewed the short ends right sides together, then pressed the seam open, and press the edges in 1/4″ like so, then in half again.
Then sew one side of the shirt right sides together like so.
Next sandwich the raw edge of the bottom of the shirt in the bias tape and pin like so, lining up the seams.
Pin all the way around the bottom…then top stitch around the hem.
Next sew the other side of the shirt together.
Fold down where we pressed the bottom of the sleeve earlier like so.
Then I sewed around the edge, creating a casing, inset about 1/4″ to create a little ruffly effect. Sew all the way around the outside all the way, but the inside stitches, leave a opening for the elastic.