As my Facebook buddies know, I spotted Anna Maria Horner’s awesome museum tunic tutorial last week and had to try it asap. (edit: via Carolyn‘s blog, thanks!) I had just gotten my first cut of voile (sad I know), and cut it up for this cute tunic! I got my voile here, it was pretty inexpensive actually. Voile is usually pricier than quilting cottons.
I did end up lining it because it was just too sheer. Which took away some of the wonderful drapiness of the voile, but oh well. It’s still a super comfy shirt! It might make me look a tad bit pregnant though. I’m not, swear.
In the tutorial, she uses a “panel” of her fabric, and I couldn’t find those measurements, so I had to try and figure it out. My panels were 12″ wide, and 52″ long. Just in case someone was wondering. I stitched the elastic on the wrong side of the shirt like she did in the tutorial, just with a zig zag stitch. Worked great!
Rory was kind enough to take these pics for me. I am sooo awkward when I “model”.
And yet more proof. Well, enjoy my nerdiness, and new top!