I made this yummy Strawberry bar dessert tonight, it was like a peanut butter cookie bar with berries on top. Like a fancy PB&J. Yummmmmmm…..slurp. That was the drool.
Here’s the recipe and link:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 4 cups small whole strawberries, halved or quartered
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, extending foil beyond the edges. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat butter and peanut butter on medium to high for 30 seconds. Beat in sugars, baking powder, and salt until combined. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined. Beat in as much flour as you can with mixer. Stir in remaining flour.
3. Spread dough in prepared pan. Bake 25 minutes or until top is lightly browned and toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
4. Cool completely on rack. Remove from pan by lifting foil. Spread jam and top with berries. Cut into bars. Serve at once or refrigerate up to 6 hours. Makes 24 bars
Make Ahead: Wrap the peanut butter base in foil; store at room temperature up to 24 hours. Before serving, top with jam and berries. Or freeze the peanut butter base in a freezer container up to 3 months.
*We just used some of those frozen strawberries in syrup for the topping.