Another project made so much easier with my Go! Baby cutter. Love this thing, seriously. This project couldn't have been simpler, too.
I thrifted this really nice silk cardigan and shell awhile ago. I am not really the "shell" wearing type, so I knew I would cut it up to become ruffles or embellishments for the cardi. Then, of course, I caught a glimpse of my cutter hanging out on the shelf, and I knew I needed to use my flower die!
I cut out the 3 smallest sized flowers, and as many as I could with my fabric.
Then I layered and pinned them where I wanted. I went through and tacked each one by hand in the center of each flower.
Then, since I wanted it to lay as flat as possible, I sewed around the largest flower in each stack, just underneath the second flower's petals.
Tada! a pretty quick update, and pretty darn cute.